Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissSimon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey All,
I am wanting to revamp my jack dempsey tank. I have a pair and want a few more hidey-holes for them, and still want to keep the tank a clean and crisp appearance. I don't want to be overwhelmed with decor, but don't want it so simple that it is boring.

The big shift will be from gravel to sand. Right now I have white gravel, but I'm open to suggestions on sand color, especially if you have a great design idea!

Current Tank:

A half foot fake log that has bubbles
A 10 inch bubble wall
a corner plastic piece that looks like a small wall, with fake grass filly the space
and then I have a stack of rocks (two long flat ones) providing a couple of hiding spots

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions!!
Miss Simon

What size tank are you working with

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks amazing. Are those all live plants

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm sure Mogurako could fill in with this a little better but adding live plants is almost never a bad idea. (Bad idea: plants with oscars, they will get destroyed) I'm not sure about with JD though. Some small driftwood and hardy background plants would look nice.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'm sure Mogurako could fill in with this a little better but adding live plants is almost never a bad idea. (Bad idea: plants with oscars, they will get destroyed) I'm not sure about with JD though. Some small driftwood and hardy background plants would look nice.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Jacks should be completely fine in a planted tank. They would very likely enjoy the cover and light diffusion. That 55 gallon of mine has my Thorichthys sp Gold Mixteco, I have zero issues with them and plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom