suicidal snail :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy guy

Aquarium Advice Addict
My paremeters are fine, added cuttle bone and all that, but one of my snail, just one, keeps climbing out and falling on my table..why he be doing this

He's not suicidal, he is exploring. Maybe he thinks his pond is too small and wants to climb rocks and embankments to the next pool... some fish like hillstream loach (hk butterfly "pl*co") do this. For fish they recommend a hood.

My snail doesnt climb out of the tank, but he finds the highest peaks on my caves and things and simply just jumps off onto the gravel and keeps going. We call him suicidal as well... We think he would climb out too if he could

Not sure bout kuhli, they anatomy doesn't strke me as the type... but we have to remember our tanks aren't as deep as the wild where these fish come from... a "bottom dweller" could very well live in exclusively the bottom 3 feet of rivers and lakes... but as we know most of our tanks aren't 3 feet tall and therefore aren't tall enough for some "bottom dwellrs"

Your suicidal snail is essentially doing the same thing... every leap he takes is into a "new" place...

Yupyup, my other tank has 2 little guys (same species, and similar in color) and they are even more odd. Every day, as soon as feeding happens, they climb up, and lay upsidown and eat flakes from the top...its really silly, I guess this is also normal though, just never seen it dome

With more guys like those, who needs a protein skimmer?! Don't look a gifthorse in the mouth... the more niches any tankmate fills, the better.

Khuli loaches have been known as jumpers so if you plan on getting some get a hood aswell.

Back
Top Bottom