Sump for my 75gal... (Freshwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garbro

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I just picked up a 75gal tank from a CL deal. It is going to be my project tank so I want to buy the best parts and build it the right way. First thing I am going to put together is the sump tank for filtration.

I am going to go with a 30-40 gal depending on what my local pet store has with their $/gal sale.

My only question so far is return pump size and overflow size. the tank isn't drilled so I am going to need a hang on overflow with the siphon. I've heard and read that your filter should cycle all the water in your tank up to 10 or so times every hour. So would I be ok with a pump rated 700+ gph? Or possibly more? Depending on my bioload I know I might need more to be safe but I want to have a good amount of fish.

If so, I would need my return to be rated at least 700gph, the return is what you want to have the extra flow space for correct?

Thanks all

Bumping this thread, still very curious and eager to get my sump together and running.

Back
Top Bottom