Supplements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many people here are very adament against suppliments!

I, however, use Red Sea's Calcium +3 which has Calcium, Strontium, Molybdenum & Iodine. I also use Garlic Guard as a food suppliment, RedSea Vita as another food suppliment.

I use real garlic in my blender mush food and also marine zoe(vitamin). I occasionally dose with iodine and every great once in a while I use Essential elements.

GarlicGuard, Vita-Chem and Selcon in the food. I do not dose reef suppliments, I rely on reg. water changes to replentish any depleted trace elements. I did a reef pack by SeaChem forfree from the local rep once. I used it and really noticed big growth rate in my xenia. I stopped using it when the free stuff ran out and have not noticed a delince in xenia growth rate. I am not convinced I can tie the two togehter. The problems with suppliments is that they tend to be very spendy and you can actually over-dose your tank. It is a good way for LFS to make money. I think a lot scare customers into buying them.

My problem is i dont use any sea salts... I use ocean water from my LFS its from Catalina, http://www.catalinawater.com

This water is soo good that i was instructed to do one 10% water change per month. My fish's color are amazing using this water, but obviously without regular water changes i use up Ca and trace elements. Thats is why im asking if i should buy some Ca, Iodine and maybe even some trace elements. LR.com recommended the use Seachem Reef Advantage Ca powder, Seachem Reef Builder powder, and seachem Reef Iodine.

just looking for input, thanks

That stuff seems kind of expensive.

Do you have a Ca test kit? If not invest in one, see what your Ca is and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom