sw vs fw-what is your favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sw vs fw

• saltwater

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • freshwater

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
I agree, I love freshwater because it is reasonably inexpensive compared to saltwater. I could stock a whole tank with plants, fish, and all the fixings for what it costs to buy only a couple saltwater fish.

I agree, I love freshwater because it is reasonably inexpensive compared to saltwater. I could stock a whole tank with plants, fish, and all the fixings for what it costs to buy only a couple saltwater fish.
yeah plus you got the long running cost of the saltwater it self. plus maybe me being stupid i dont know what sw fish you can buy for schooling like tetras (i love schools)

Agree fresh because pretty easy to maintain (I don't know if SW is easy) and it isn't as expensive as SW. I still like fresh fish and you can breed FW easier.

Saltwater. I enjoy all the gadgets. I'm trying to apply some of the saltwater concepts to my freshwater tank.

Saltwater, I love the color of the fish and the bold lines some have that stick out such as clowns or Aussie tusks. Chromis and damsels are schooling fish.

Saltwater, I love the color of the fish and the bold lines some have that stick out such as clowns or Aussie tusks.

well fw have alot of good colours like the chililds (angels, discus, and malawi) or other fish like guppys you got lots of strands in these

Well, I have a FW tank but still ticked SW!
I love all the colours of the fishes and the Saltwater Shrimps are just amazing!! So-- a year or two more of experience with fishes and will convert to SW :D

SW!! Yea its more expensive, but honeslty it doesnt cost so much as people say. Buy smart and do your research and the prices come out pretty low. Also, it is just way more worth it after all the hard work..

Gboy66 said:
SW!! Yea its more expensive, but honeslty it doesnt cost so much as people say. Buy smart and do your research and the prices come out pretty low. Also, it is just way more worth it after all the hard work..

Once I get 1000$ I will make a 75G tank SW! Once you get started it doesn't cost as much but it does cost a lot when you start.

Fishie said:
Once I get 1000$ I will make a 75G tank SW! Once you get started it doesn't cost as much but it does cost a lot when you start.

Agreed. Fishie, i bet you could start a 75 gallon for around 500 with the right deals

Gboy66 said:
Agreed. Fishie, i bet you could start a 75 gallon for around 500 with the right deals

That gets me more hopeful :) I'm still looking for good deals ^_^

Saltwater, no doubt. Much more interesting and the fact that all the fish are more expensive is exciting because its more of a challenge and its more intense.. Lol.

Only thing I like about FW is that water quality is better. I'm not fascinated with trimming plants or gardening.

Back
Top Bottom