Swim bladder? Fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well everyone, thanks for all your help. I just came home to get my dog to go out with me to get him some meds, but he died sometime while I was out at work. He was my favorite of the two. I think it'll be just one fish for a while now.

griffinej5 said:
Well everyone, thanks for all your help. I just came home to get my dog to go out with me to get him some meds, but he died sometime while I was out at work. He was my favorite of the two. I think it'll be just one fish for a while now.

Oh I'm very sorry to hear that! :(
Make sure you do a PWC so that your remaining fish has clean water.

The other fish continues to show no signs of any problems. Obviously I'll watch that one for a bit just to be sure, though I would think if it were something contagious, he'd be close to death by now too.
Blah... I just did a water change earlier today, and was meaning to do another one since I only vacuumed the area that I had partitioned off for the one who has now died. I guess I'll get up and do the other side in a bit.

I am sorry to hear about your fish. I killed my share of fish when I started as well.

Swim bladder disorder would not kill a fish this quick. I think it is your ammonia/Nitrite levels.

Dwohlge1 said:
I am sorry to hear about your fish. I killed my share of fish when I started as well.

Swim bladder disorder would not kill a fish this quick. I think it is your ammonia/Nitrite levels.

Based on symptoms though, that is what it looked like, but then again, the local Chinese restaurant had a rather large one floating upside down for a month at least (which has either flipped back over or died last I was there). The numbers were all 0, confirmed by multiple tests from multiple sources. I'm just not sure about this one. What else might cause what occurred if not swim bladder?

The only possibility i can think of is some type of internal infection-either parasitic or bacterial. The exact cause will honestly never be known. Sorry, we couldnt be of more help.

Back
Top Bottom