Switching out one goby for smaller one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alwmh4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a diamond goby that has probably reached 5". My friend just ordered one that is supposed to be between 2-3" and who has a large tank. Should I try to catch mine and trade since I have a nano? I'm pretty stocked w a clown, the goby, an algae blenny, a small six line (ordered) and 4shrimp. All I got to serve a purpose aside from the clown. Would I be causing more damage to switch? Should I leave well enough alone?

I would leave it. That's a lot of unneeded stress on the fish.

Fish are friends not food!

I really like my goby. I don't wanna hurt him by transfer nor
Poss introduce desease/ infection from adding a trading out for a new one. But if it's for the best...
I'm running a skimmer and a 70 ga filter on my tank btw

Your way over stocked...
The goby needs a larger tank then you have.
3 fish in a 20g is pry the average. Anything above and you need way more filtration and keep small fish.
Since your tank is smaller then that,
I'd say 2 fish, that are appropriate for that size tank. Meaning the algae blenny, (that you won't specify), and the goby should probably go.
Then maybe add an appropriate 3rd fish later.

On a side note, the Six Line is quite aggressive, and may torrent other fish. Which is also to large for your tank.

You need to be doing more research on a fish before you buy it.

Salarias fasciatus
Does that change your assessment?

Salarias fasciatus
Does that change your assessment?

You mean a lawnmower blenny. Which in any case, is still recommended for a larger tank.

Id suggest your begin to look for more advice on forums, and do your research. There's no doubt that you can create a successful marine ecosystem, that is if you are willing to learn.

Back
Top Bottom