Switching tanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
Next month, I'm going to be moving my flowerhorn into my 55g and give those fish to a friend. Since my flowerhorn is getting bigger, he needs to go in there and probably next year sometime I will be upgrading to a 72gBF. And, by the way, I am still pretty new to plants.

Anyways, I am literally sitting here watching him rip apart some water lettuce I have been putting in his current tank in an attempt to get him used to live plants. Obviously, this is useless, he is a plant-destroying monster.

Would a viable option be to transfer the plants from the 55g into the 36g? It's a bowfront and quite tall, so it has roughly a third of the floor plan as my 55g does. It also does not have flourite and latarite substrate, it has simple river rock gravel. I also don't have a light strip that is powerful enough, I have just a basic light sitting on it. Seeting up CO2 would be no issue, but I have no clue what kind of light to put on it or if it would even be worth it.

Oh, and another question, on the 55g I basically have a tanning bed's light on it. Without plants, I will have an algae explosion, correct? Even with my CO2 running? I don't have any option of algae eaters, as my flowerhorn's favorite treat is snails (he decorates with the empty shells) and he has not been able to be with any other fish (tortured a loach to death).

Sorry for all of the questions and thank you in advance!

Back
Top Bottom