Swollen guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richie Ealea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just fed my fish red blood worms to find that a female guppy is very bloated . It look like a big bubble of air . Will this pass ? What's the issue ? Thanks guys . X

Are her scales all poking out? If thats the case she may have dropsy, and there isnt really a 'cure' for that, other than keeping the water conditions up to perfect standards. Google dropsy and see if thats what it is first. Then you can rule it out and look for what else it could be.

Its possible that they can, but its generally, and that term is used loosely, but its generally just the one fish due to poor conditions (im not saying you keep your tank bad or anything), or stress. Here is a link that talks about the causes and prevention What is Dropsy and How Do I Treat it? | RateMyFishTank.com

if you know its bacterial or more of your fish are effected by it, some medicine needs to be used. As the article says, there is no real cure because the cause is unknown, but prevention is the best option. Try some water changes, like 30+% every day or so. Unfortunately the fish usually passes on, but I wish you luck and will try to be any help if i can.

Back
Top Bottom