Sword nutients

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VioletEmber

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got some amazon sword but they are looking a little pale. I dose with flourish but researched and learned they are really more of a root feeder... So I moved them into the tank that has Eco-complete substrate. I only have low to moderate light- do I need root tabs for the sword or will the Eco Complete do the trick?

I would put some root tabs in the gravel. I always have at least two tabs for each sword. My theory is "never too much"

I would put some root tabs in the gravel. I always have at least two tabs for each sword. My theory is "never too much"

sounds good! thanks! do you have brand recommendation on root tabs? the closest LFS never has them and I think it'll be easier to order them. I also read somewhere that there was one kind of regular plant fertilizer tab that was ok to use in an aquarium but i surely don't remember what that was.

VioletEmber said:
sounds good! thanks! do you have brand recommendation on root tabs? the closest LFS never has them and I think it'll be easier to order them. I also read somewhere that there was one kind of regular plant fertilizer tab that was ok to use in an aquarium but i surely don't remember what that was.

I bought mine from someone online. Any brand is okay. I can't remember what brand plant fertilizer either. Maybe somebody else can remember.

I just did some more research on this and kept seeing the brand "osmocort" mentioned... Freeze a small amount in tank water in an ice cube tray and then slide it under the substrate. Cool idea. (d'oh, bad pun!)

Back
Top Bottom