Swords not doing well!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsdryder7

Aquarium Advice Freak
so my melon swords are dying ....i have about 4 plaanted very small and the leaves are turning brown starting from the tips of the leaves and working down....its only been a week and ive dosed them twice with flourish ..

i was going to pick up excel and root tabs tomorrow but do u think its worth it or should i buy some new ones and plant them when i have the root tabs????

im running 2x55w cf in a 50 gal buts its 30 inches deep {dont know if that matters}

HELP!

You will need the root tabs for the swords anyways, so I see no reason why not to try them on the old ones.

I noticed a big difference in my swords once I put root tabs in. They are growing like crazy now.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

Are these plants raised emerged? Are the plants developing new leaves? What kind of substrate do u use? And do u have undergravel filter? Try to use laterite cause swords need iron. undergravel filter is a no. I raise them in soil with gravel on top. If the plants are small, try to reduce water level by filling only half of the tank so more light will reach to the plants. Eventually raise the water column as the plants grew bigger. And try to change one of your actinic bulb into daylight 6500k. Hope this helps. Good luck.

+1 for trying root tabs.

+1 for your plants probably having been grown emersed. Aquatic plant farmers often grow their plants emersed because they grow faster. The down side is the plants have to adjust to being immersed. The old leaves usually wilt or die off while leaves adapt to aquatic life. Give your plants a root tab and some time.

Back
Top Bottom