Swordtail staying on the bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyood

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My male swordtail is staying on the bottom of my tank and I'm not too sure why, it used to be bullied by another male swordtail since he always used to hide now I removed the other he has started to come out more but is now just staying on the bottom any reason why?

Could it still be stress from being bullied before or could it be something else?

All my levels are perfect, so it isnt ammonia poisoning

How long has the tank been set up?

How was it cycled?

The stress of being bullied can allow the fish to become ill. I had mine get parasites. I am guessing reduced the immune system and the little buggers took over.

I used this medicated flake. Sometimes you can get medicated flake locally.
The fish I have had do not seem to like the soaked liquid medication /food and do not
https://angelsplus.com/collections/fish-flake-food/products/medicated-deworming-flakes

You can check your fishes poop and see if it looks stringy and whitish which would indicate parasites.

Are you using test strips for checking your parameters? Often they are faulty.

If you actually have perfect water in there, you could have some other issue with the fish.

Well after a day he no longer came out of hiding, and now I find no sign of him in the tank, I have removed all the plants and everything, and there is nothing left of him in my tank.

So I'm not sure what happened but fr what I can tell he no longer exists, but also I feel like I picked quite an old fish, when I first got him so he could of been at his prime.

Back
Top Bottom