Synodontis catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommachef

Aquarium Advice Activist
Who all has one? I'm just curious how many others have one, and what yours are like! Mine is awesome, he was eating from my hand the first day I had him. He swims around being all mischievous all day. Haha also, what type of "table food" do you feed them, if any?

Attachments

• image-1043445058.jpg
    image-1043445058.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3570377133.jpg
    image-3570377133.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3072498867.jpg
    image-3072498867.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 55
Who all has one? I'm just curious how many others have one, and what yours are like! Mine is awesome, he was eating from my hand the first day I had him. He swims around being all mischievous all day. Haha also, what type of "table food" do you feed them, if any?

I have 5 synodontis nigriventris and 2 synodontis Eupterus. None of mine will eat from my hand. :-(
The nigriventris hate me even LOOKING at them! The reason I have 5 is because they are supposed to be happier and more confident in groups. That has not been my experience. They don't seem to care about each others existence.

My two Eupterus are a bit less shy (but still stay in the shadows), and eat a greater variety of foods- so far dried black worm cubes and cucumber (the fleshy part with seeds) are their favourite foods (judged by how daring they will be to access the food and how quickly they consume it). They don't particularly like each other- the larger, dominant one is territorial (as in- wherever she happens to be, IS her territory). They don't fight though, and they are in a 6ft tank, so there's no stress.

Had mine 3 years, he loves a water change & goes on a little up & down swim but normally hes wedged in my plant garden.

Do they swim upside down? Mine swims the length of the tank upside down, he kind of reminds me of a dolphin, he's very playful. I'm going to try giving him cucumbers! :)

Back
Top Bottom