T5 Light Fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southpaw

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is there a method of creating an efficient and cheaper t5 light fixture than the ones sold at fish stores?

I would suggest just buying one offline. I, like many others on here, use Fishneedit fixtures. If you want one real cheap check out odyssea.

You can buy retrofits which are pretty much just the bulbs and wiring but imo a good quality fixture is worth the money to give you a clean, reliable system. I run the tek elite 6 bulb 36" and LOVE IT!

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but I found a nice fixture here Fluorescent Aquarium Lighting Fixtures I don't know what size you need, but I got the 30" dual T5 for my 29g. It ended up being around $45 including shipping. It would probably be around $60 if you needed the 48" fixture. I thought it was a knock off brand, because it says Aqualight on the website, but it is actually a Coralife fixture.

Again not sure what you are wanting, but I think you'd probably be happy with one of those fixtures. Hope that helps. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom