t5ho bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
well today i went to the lfs to get light bulbs for my planted aquarium this is what i have for fixture 48 Inch 2x54 Watt Hagen Glo T5 HO Linear Fluorescent Lighting Fixture and i asked them for light bulbs t5ho 54 watts of 48 inches and they took me to where they had the bulbs and i told them that they were for a planted tank so they showed me some but theres when i got confused the guy said they were 67k but they had red green blue and yellow and i didnt know which ones to pick so i came home empty handed and b4 i left i asked them if they had 10k and he said those where for corals, please help!!!!!

also how do you clean the reflector i heard some vinager and water wit a rag but im not sure

Well, I am not sure about the different color bulbs.
But I can tell you that distilled water and some vinegar will work wonders on hard water spots, especially on the reflector. I have the same light fixture but the 36" version and the vinegar has always worked.
Good luck with the other question

I would order the bulbs. Good bulbs, like Geisemann bulbs, are about the same price online as most cheap bulbs in store... and they're much much better. I prefer the PowerChrome AquaFlora bulbs mixed with the PowerChrome Midday bulbs. Aquacave is where I get mine.

That said, you can't judge a bulb by it's kelvin temp. While it's usually accepted that 6500k-10,000k is a good range for plants, the spectrum of the bulb is what's most important. The Aqua Flora bulbs have, what most experts say, one of the best spectrums for plants - Giesemann PowerChrome Aqua Flora T5 Lamps* - AquaCave#

As far as cleaning the reflector, windex is what I always use.

like i mean the color the k thing i dont know anything about bulbs when i had my reef i just asked the guy and he gave me some and they worked good but i didnt know anything about them

Back
Top Bottom