tall... low/ medium light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far my anacharis and cabomba are doing pretty well in my stock light set-ups. You just have to make sure that you can get them where you are, because some states have them listed as an invasive species. But they should get anywhere from 1 1/2ft to 3+ ft from what I understand.

Right now my longest is about 16 inches.

aqua_chem said:
Many hygrophilas will fit the bill. Swords would also be a good bet.

swords don't get very tall though ..

Umm I have tons of plants just looking for one that gets tall

Swords should get at least two feet tall. The fact that they are often kept in smaller tanks only limits them.

Vals will probably also get pretty tall.

savage said:
So far my anacharis .

I have some anacharis in another tank and it barely grows. but I got new lights so maybe I should try again
my sister has some in her 55g goldfish tank and hers grow like crazy under stock lighting.

aqua_chem said:
Swords should get at least two feet tall. The fact that they are often kept in smaller tanks only limits them.

Vals will probably also get pretty tall.

wow I never knew that! do you know what kind of swords get that big? because I know there are many different types

rreekers said:
wow I never knew that! do you know what kind of swords get that big? because I know there are many different types

I've heard of amazon swords outgrowing 125g tanks.

aqua_chem said:
I've heard of amazon swords outgrowing 125g tanks.

I've heard of them getting wide and increasing in diameter somewhat in highroad but never that much in height. but I don't doubt it.. I have 3 Amazon swords but they are sill small ( 5-7inch leaves)

Back
Top Bottom