tank crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
my reef tank crashed a couple days ago I lost alot of stuff :( do u think it could have been from my thomometer it broke it was one of those floating ones and it got lost after that could not find it just found it now after moving a ton of live rock it was gone a hole in the top of it and all of the paper or whatever the degrees are written on were desintergrated do u think this would have caused it because i cant figure out what else could have thanks Jester

Hard to say with so little information. What size was the tank, what was in it, what were the water parameters....you have 2 tanks listed in your signature. The first one is very light on filtration for such a big bioload.

I agree with Mrs Hara that there really not too much to go on. But in the future dont go with those type thermometers. Go with the digital ones that dont cost that much either. Give us some water params.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume it was one of those floating ones with SA on it as well. I'd bet it got stuck or the fish messed with it. I've a tang that just goes to town on mine if I stick it in the main tank. I usually only have it in there for a quick check. I guess the tang has a bad temp thing going? :lol:

it was the 40g tank and yes it was a floater this is what it was nitrate is 10 nitrite is .2 ammonia is .02this but it just happend like overnight and the water was very cloudy thanks for the replys

How long have you had the tank at your house? For an established tank you shouldn't be seeing any ammonia or nitrite. If you can find out what brand thermometer you had, contact the manufacturer and ask what it is filled with. I think most are completley non-toxic anymore.

If you just moved the tank, I'm guessing something went bad in the move. I recently lost most of my livestock due to a move.

BTW, your 60g is really really really overstocked as stated above. You have more than enough fish to fill both tanks once the 2nd is up and running again.

i have had this tank in my house for about 6 months the person i got it from had it about 3 years and i dont have all those fish in my other tank any more i have to redo that sig thanks i will find out what brand that thermomiter was thanks

Back
Top Bottom