Tank mates for Res turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm upgrading my 20 gallon turtle tank to a 40 gallon breeder and I was wondering if I can move my albino clawed frogs in with the turtle because they are getting big. My turtle already lives with 1 pleco and a Raphael spotted catfish so I think he has no problem living with other creatures but I would like someone else's opinion.

I don't know. I'm no expert ( I don't even have turtles lol) but I've heard that they can be nippy. And frogs are soft... So, I probably wouldn't do it, but like I said, I'm no expert.

Amoson you're an expert ;) no they can't be with frogs because they hunt them in the wild just a question how big is both of them frog could eat turtle if big enough or vice versa I have a lot of danios with mine some getncaughg but rarely

Amoson you're an expert ;) no they can't be with frogs because they hunt them in the wild just a question how big is both of them frog could eat turtle if big enough or vice versa I have a lot of danios with mine some getncaughg but rarely

Why do you think my turtle doesn't bother my catfish?

Why do you think my turtle doesn't bother my catfish?

Because they're not bite sized and fast anyways your turtle a male or a female anyways just upgrade to a 75 just incase and remember I would give 4 times filtration though since you havenmessy fish just saying though it might become like hansel and gretel turts jsut waiting for em to get fat then BAM their gone

Because they're not bite sized and fast anyways your turtle a male or a female anyways just upgrade to a 75 just incase and remember I would give 4 times filtration though since you havenmessy fish just saying though it might become like hansel and gretel turts jsut waiting for em to get fat then BAM their gone

Don't worry. I have a Fluval U4 and I do water changes once or twice every week. My turtle is a male so he will stay relatively smaller than if he was a female. I know what you mean by the messy fish. One time after I had a power outage for about 15 hours I did a water change and I was like holy crap literally. There was so much fish poop just from 15 hours of no power it was unbelievable. You said 4 times the filtration but with my Fluval U4 I've never had a problem with the tank being to messy.

Back
Top Bottom