tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keenfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
im in the middle of building my tank (6ft-600lt-155G) so planning the fish now. i know i want discus, blue rams and red tailed sharks.

so i wondering what else i can have and what numbers i want a good school like tetras but unsure on what i can have

Just throwing this out but angels or rainbowfish should work. If you want a laarge school of tetras try black skirts they will not nip fins and are one of the larger tetras that your red tailed shark shouldn't touch but yet it might.

I wouldn't put red tails with discus. Red tails are quite active, and might be a bit to feisty for discus. I would do a school of tetras, and cories. Maybe 15-20 cardinal or Rummy nose, and 10-15 pepper cories.

I keep a school of 20 Columbian tetras with my discus and rams. They colour up really well and get to a decent size of about 7cm. They are not fin nippers and they school around together well. I also keep sterbai cories as they can handle the high temps that discus need( 28°C/82°F).
Make sure you consider temperature when adding tank mates for discus. You can check out my Juwel Vision 450 Build with info on how I set it up, the link is below :)
Good Luck with it

Back
Top Bottom