Tank Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaquero

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I want to buy sand in the Seattle area by the 50-100Lb bags. I know it's out there but I have searched and can not find a dealer that has what I'm looking for. It is a white sand, Fine has some shiny stuff in it also(may be silica?). I do not want to buy it from PetSmart or Petco. Just want to know if anyone knows where I can buy this stuff commercially. I bought some a long time ago for my tanks, but can't remember where I got it from. I was living in South Seattle at the time. I want to say it is 30/60 grit??? Not sure, but it is fine sand. If you know of any business selling this, Please let me know.
Thanks to all who respond.

Are you looking for play sand? It is very fine, some would say annoyingly so.

Pool filter sand? Great stuff.

I love my pool filter sand. Just wish it wasn't all brown :/

I love my pool filter sand. Just wish it wasn't all brown :/

It is not always brown! Check out my profile pictures. I suggest looking around or asking. My store even offered to order me some that is whiter than mine!

yes pool filter sand is the way to go imo. i only have white sand. I'm sure if you asked your pool store they could get you white or brown, they might just have to order it in.

I get pool filter sand from Home Depot. Seems like it's around $5 for a 50lb bag. Not perfectly white, but still looks and works great.

I've called a few pool stores around town and they all say only brown. I did find the mystic white online but the super naturals with a bigger grain was cheaper. Ill keep hunting. :)

Ok home depot is brown sand.I just wish I could get the same stuff I had. I will try and Post a picture here, maybe someone can help to identify it for me. I will be needing it soon (after that **** tree with all of the lights on it comes down) then it will be time to set up the 75 Gallon.

jlbfish said:
I've called a few pool stores around town and they all say only brown. I did find the mystic white online but the super naturals with a bigger grain was cheaper. Ill keep hunting. :)

Is it silicate sand that they are giving you? My sand always comes in a white bag and did you ask those stores if they could order some in for you? See what there prices are.

Back
Top Bottom