Tank set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Askolotol

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, im new at owning a tiger salamander and I want to set up a water and dry tank for him. Any suggestions on how to divide a 20g long tank so a small part is a water pond and the other is dry for when he changes to land

Hi, im new at owning a tiger salamander and I want to set up a water and dry tank for him. Any suggestions on how to divide a 20g long tank so a small part is a water pond and the other is dry for when he changes to land
I did a tank like this years ago. I used a piece of glass and siliconed it into place so that it was water tight. Land on one side, water on the other. You want to make sure there is something in the water side for the salamander to crawl onto to walk out of the water.

Another option is to decorate a larger tupperware container and place that into the aquarium for the water side and then fill around it for the land portion. The benefits of this is that you can remove the tupperware for cleaning more easily than if you have the divider installed as described above. You can still install a divider as a retaining wall but it doesn't have to be water tight.

Hope this helps. (y)

Back
Top Bottom