Tank Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Filter Options

• Hang on back filter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canister filter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aquamedic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good morning everyone!

New member here but not a TOTAL newbie to the hobby it has just been a number of years since my last tank. My wife had asked me to refurbish my father in laws 1985 hexagonal 28ish gallon tank (if my math is correct).

I am looking for someone who has experience with hexagon style tanks. I know its not the best tank design for fish but its a sentimental piece that I recently restored to have a happy wife, happy life.

My question is due to the more complex design can someone guide me in purchasing a proper filter and any necessary equipment I might need. (Lighting for hexagons, properly sized bubble systems etc.)

- I bought a 20 - 50 gallon hang on pump (was thinking of saving some money) but im now thinking about just going to get a canister due to the depth of the tank and afraid the intake pump won't be long enough to filter properly. I assume its not good for water current to get a filter that's way to big for the size of the tank.

I am also requesting beautiful exotic freshwater species that will benefit most from a hexagonal design. Seeing if someone knows what exotic species will pair best willing to get them imported and not from my petsmart. I want to keep it on a budget but can spare a few bucks to maintain a good ecosystem.

Attachments

• IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3052.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3053.jpg
    IMG_3053.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3055.jpg
    IMG_3055.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3057.jpg
    IMG_3057.jpg