tank stands?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zelilaa

Aquarium Advice Regular
What tank stands can I use for a 20 gallon long? Like, can i just center the tank in the middle of one for a 30 or 40 gal? I have NO idea :rolleyes:

You need to have one specifically for a 20 long, or make your own. All 4 sides of the bottom of the tank must be in contact with the stand. The tank can crack or leak if all 4 sides on the bottom are not holding an equal amount of weight

Yes, as long as the tank is supported along all of the edges. I have used all sorts of furniture to hold up to 30 gallon aquariums. As long as it's well built, the top is level, and it will fit. Bookcases, dressers, and tables will work.

im not going to put it on a desk or different peice of furniture, and im not going to DIY one. I would like to buy one specifically for tanks :)
does petco/ petsmart/ petsupermarket sell anything for 20 gal longs? i havent seen anything.

yes a 29gal and a 37gal tank have the same footprint as a 20gal long so a stand that they would fit on will work for your 20 long hope that helps you out

yes a 29gal and a 37gal tank have the same footprint as a 20gal long so a stand that they would fit on will work for your 20 long hope that helps you out

thats PERFECT info actually! thanks!! i'll just buy a stand for a 29 gal :D

your gona have to post a pic of the stand and tank when you get it set up.. by the way i like the sniper in your sig.

your gona have to post a pic of the stand and tank when you get it set up.. by the way i like the sniper in your sig.

XD thanks! :crack: but... it might take a while to get up those photos :p
I'm not buying the tank until next October... but when i have it, i'm def gonna make a thread on it.

Back
Top Bottom