Tank suggestions- decor, hiding spots...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelseytingler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
http://tinypic.com/r/a296s1/6

This is my 55 gallon cichlid community tank. My fish in this tank are as follows:
2 Blood parrot cichlids
3 False Julii Cory cats
1 Three spot blue gourami
6 odessa barbs

My fish love the two decorations/hiding spots seen in the photo but I am looking for some suggestions on what else to add and where. I have no driftwood. I have 2 love plants in there as seen on the right side. The left plants are obviously fake. I was wanting some Texas holey rock but it is outrageously expensive here in Ohio...it would cost me upwards of 80 dollars to get even a decent size one. So I am looking for things that are at least semi affordable. Thanks for any advice!

I would add some branch-y pieces of drift wood, then tie some crypts and anubias on.
I think that would look nice. Then maybe in the back, you can stack some river rock or slate and make some caves and crannies for the fish to hide in. I'll attatch something I whipped up for you. Just a warning, I am NOT an artist. And I'm tired, but hopefully it gives you an idea of what I am talking about.

The driftwood- costs depend on where you buy it
The Rocks- shouldn't be too much at a garden/pond supply store. My lfs also carries some and it isn't too expensive.
The Anubias- Try aquabid, most of the time there is a pack of plants with a bunch of anubias and or crypts, shouldn't be a whole lot either.

2dcc27b.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom