Taotroincs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D.Schneidt

Aquarium Advice Regular
What's everyone's take on these Taotronic LEDs? I looking to get new lights for my mixed reef tank but I'm a bit hesitant with these.

I just saw all the comments, thanks! Do you have them on your 75 gallon tank? If so how are they working out for you?

Haven't made up my mind yet... It's between those and the SunSystems UltraBlend LED UFO's...

Just to throw in here, although I've only got a 10g I've got the 120 dimmable. Love it. and it's only at 25%. Corals are responding really well and no problems so far. I've had it for about 3 weeks.

Just to throw in here, although I've only got a 10g I've got the 120 dimmable. Love it. and it's only at 25%. Corals are responding really well and no problems so far. I've had it for about 3 weeks.

Thanks!

FWIW I have three of them over my 180 and am able to get great growth from my SPS on the sand, tank is 24in. high the lights are 10in. above the water surface. Get the dimmable so you can balance the light to the needs of your corals. I run mine at White 80% blue at 100% to make the colors pop.

Just got two of them for my 80 gal this is 50% no corals in tank only one stray mushroom and pretty impressed already. Fluorescence on mushroom pops majorly. I phone pic doesn't do it justice

Attachments

• image-1897903255.jpg
    image-1897903255.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 64
Just got two of them for my 80 gal this is 50% no corals in tank only one stray mushroom and pretty impressed already. Fluorescence on mushroom pops majorly. I phone pic doesn't do it justice
What brand/model are these

I use them with good results. I have a 25" deep tank and sps grows nicely on the sand bed.

I ended up getting the taotronics 120 watt dimables. How long do you run your lights every day (whites and blues) and on what intensity? Also what do you have in your tank (as far as corals)? Sorry for the 100 questions but I'm kinda in the dark about this. Thanks

I always say no 2 tanks are alike
what I suggest is raise them up little by little and watch how your corals respond
they will let you know if there happy or not

Mine are mostly the non-dimmable units. The dimmables weren't available when I bought most of mine. Over the main tank I have 3 non-dimmables and 1 dimmable, which is naturally at 100% intensity to match the others. In the frag tank I have a dimmable model running at about 80% blue and the whites at about 30%. in that tank I have some LPS that was having a hard time acclimating, and a LTA that was the same. they are doing quite well now, and I also have various montipora doing well at that level too.
In the main tank I have mostly sps. Some LPS that was able to adjust, as well as a pair of rose bubble anemones.
You can view pictures in my build thread-
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f71/dougs-250-now-300-in-wall-build-168709-138.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom