Tapajos and Altifrons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I may see some tapajo in the back, but would need clearer pics, they're one of the easiest geos to ID. Based on the tails of the others, I would agree with altifrons

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think I may see some tapajo in the back, but would need clearer pics, they're one of the easiest geos to ID. Based on the tails of the others, I would agree with altifrons

I'm actually starting to think these fish are of poor quality and possibly Hybrid.I do not own them for the record.

I believe tapajos are split into 3 types depending on location or whatever, 1. Being the redhead, 2 orange head and 3 is peach or something similar. I thought it they were all the same, with color depending on the usual stuff, but I've had both red and orangeheads fed the same quality foods under similar conditions with no real change as far as the color on the head.
I would say there are definitely tapajos in there, but they look to be a little young to develop any real head color.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I believe tapajos are split into 3 types depending on location or whatever, 1. Being the redhead, 2 orange head and 3 is peach or something similar. I thought it they were all the same, with color depending on the usual stuff, but I've had both red and orangeheads fed the same quality foods under similar conditions with no real change as far as the color on the head.
I would say there are definitely tapajos in there, but they look to be a little young to develop any real head color.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know there is tapajos I and tapajos II but I can never remember which is which. I think it's redhead tapajos and peach head (Orange) respectively but I'd have to look it up again

I know there is tapajos I and tapajos II but I can never remember which is which. I think it's redhead tapajos and peach head (Orange) respectively but I'd have to look it up again

I believe this is correct if i remember right from when I was looking for them.

Back
Top Bottom