Tarantula crab???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
There's this crab t my LFS he said its a tarantula crab is there anyone who has experience with these that can give me some tips on them

This is what it looks like

Attachments

• image-3964742387.jpg
    image-3964742387.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 160
Oh ok any personal info on them

They take anything and everything and place it on their bodies with some sort of mucus/glue to camouflage themselves, look more dominant than another, mating, or whatever the case may be. They will take pieces of coral, shells, algae, sponges etc. really cool and all are unique in their own way since they design themselves for the most part.

Gsp??? What's that haha I want some coral how much is that. Mine hasn't added anything to itself yet

Gsp??? What's that haha I want some coral how much is that. Mine hasn't added anything to itself yet

Green star polyp. It will literally grow anywhere and is almost impossible to kill. Anyone with a reef tank has probably had gsp before and would be happy to give you a piece of it for $5 or in my case I have to give it away to keep growth under control

Ohhhhhh ok haha

Really cheap but will take over a tank if you don't keep it separated from the other rocks. Mine is covering my rock on the sand bed and will start making a mat across my sand and once it gets big enough ill cut it off and sell it on a frag disc or just the GSP itself. It's a quick $5 a frag and i can usually get 8-10 every time i frag it.

Hmmmm that's kind of cool I kind of want to do that to make a quick buck haha. Ok I found this really weird stuff growing on my rock it's red and is super hard it looks like coral but I don't know one single thing about coral haha but I have several of these things sprouting out of the rock they're too small to get a picture of

Hmmmm that's kind of cool I kind of want to do that to make a quick buck haha. Ok I found this really weird stuff growing on my rock it's red and is super hard it looks like coral but I don't know one single thing about coral haha but I have several of these things sprouting out of the rock they're too small to get a picture of

thats the beauty of marine aquariums. something new grows everyday.

Haha but what could it be like you guys obviously know more than me about this kind of stuff so could it be coral

Haha but what could it be like you guys obviously know more than me about this kind of stuff so could it be coral

Can't tell you without seeing it. There are so many different things it could be. Post up a picture or description in the indentify section of the saltwater and reef

Back
Top Bottom