Temperature regulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ffmd212

Aquarium Advice Regular
I live in Indiana and now that fall is upon us, I am again struggling with temp regulation for my tank. I was just wondering what others experience and what they have done to fix the problem. I was thinking of adding a second heater to the system.

If you can't keep the tank warm enough, then yeah... it implies not enough wattage. What size tank and how many watts of heater do you have in there now?

Hmm, That should be more than overkill. One on my 180 in a 70 degree room kept the tank at 75. Two keeps it 76 no matter the temperature of the room. Is their a fan on the water or some loss of heat?

I would suspect your heater or thermometer could be defective. There so many heaters on the market, unfortunately many are unreliable. Also the stick on thermometers are notoriously inaccurate.
I currently 2 250 watt Visi-Therm Stealth Heater on my 240 gallon SW system with no problems. Good luck!

As others have said, yeah... 400W on a 65g should be no problem keeping things warm, even in a cold room.

You say you're "struggling with temp regulation"...

What exactly do you mean? Can you not keep it warm enough? Does it vary too much? Just not sure what we're trying to fix...

How are you measuring the temperature of the water to know you have a problem?

As others have said, yeah... 400W on a 65g should be no problem keeping things warm, even in a cold room.

You say you're "struggling with temp regulation"...

What exactly do you mean? Can you not keep it warm enough? Does it vary too much? Just not sure what we're trying to fix...

How are you measuring the temperature of the water to know you have a problem?

I have tempature swings. I try to keep it about 78 but in the am it can be as low as 74. I just want to try and maintain a stable temp.

Back
Top Bottom