Temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering what temperature I should set my heaters at.
My first tank is for red cherry shrimp. The second has glowlight tetras. I will ad german blue rams.
I have the first tank set at 70 and the second set at 76 (degrees ferenheit).

Your tanks temperatures seem about right to me, but personally I would raise it just a tad bit on both.

From my experience, Red Cherry Shrimp are one of the few shrimp species that can do just fine in cooler temperatures - 72 degrees Fahrenheit at the least so bump it up to that.

Also from my experience, German Blue Rams liked a bit warmer water so I always set mine to 78 - 86 when I did own them. Personally I would recommend bumping up the tank (When the GBRs are in) to 78 minimum.

Your tanks temperatures seem about right to me, but personally I would raise it just a tad bit on both.

From my experience, Red Cherry Shrimp are one of the few shrimp species that can do just fine in cooler temperatures - 72 degrees Fahrenheit at the least so bump it up to that.

Also from my experience, German Blue Rams liked a bit warmer water so I always set mine to 78 - 86 when I did own them. Personally I would recommend bumping up the tank (When the GBRs are in) to 78 minimum.

Thanks, I will bump up both right now.

Back
Top Bottom