Tetra life guard - worthwhile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
Hi all,

I'm curious if the main ingredient to this product (Active Ingredient: 1-chloro-2, 2, 5,5-tetramethyl-4-imidazolidinone) is any good. Curious if people are finding treatment went well or not. Any articles or studies also appreciated.

From reading it seems more like a disinfectant (not an antibiotic) and perhaps not very harsh on fish. Speculating but I'd put it similar to malachite green or acriflavine. Guessing though as I can't find much on it.

Tetra® Aquarium Lifeguard Halo Shield All-In-One-Treatment

1-chloro-2,2,5,5-tetramethyl-4-imidazildinone

The only thing I can go on with this particular med.. at the stores around here they carry that and a whole line of api meds, the tetra is always on sale.. may be they're trying to liquidate the stock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Interesting! It reads as a wonder med but I'm not so sure now.

I should mention I don't need to treat or anything, only curious on any feedback from anyone that has used it.

no harmer

It never killed any of my fish :angel:
Which is often better than other stuff.... or most LFS staff.
We need a med / bio /vet to explain what that impressive 2-lines organic-compound API is; apparently much like putting a band-aid for a bone-deep cut (ironic metaphor), or a fresh towel on your forehead to cure ramping malaria.

It never killed any of my fish :angel:

Which is often better than other stuff.... or most LFS staff.

We need a med / bio /vet to explain what that impressive 2-lines organic-compound API is; apparently much like putting a band-aid for a bone-deep cut (ironic metaphor), or a fresh towel on your forehead to cure ramping malaria.

Yes, antibiotics apart from tetracycline are not really sold here so I was interested as this seems to be a new product compared to the dyes and older products.

Thanks for the reply. It's handy to even know that it may not be very harsh.

Back
Top Bottom