Tetra question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NexVobis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Currently have 12 black neon tetras, I want to add rummy nose and blood fin tetras to my community tank. My question is, will the black neons bully these new tetras ( as the black neons are a bit bigger than the rummy nose and blood fin tetras)?

jmay33 said:
I think it would be fine. Tetras are pretty peaceful.

Ah ok, I've researched and everything seems fine, just looking to see if people experienced other wise like fin nipping. Thank you jmay33

There usually isn't too much trouble, I know the rummy's are alittle more timid than the blood fins but if you keep a large school or rummy's they will feel more secure and there should be any issues. I keep a school of 25 rummy's.

Rivercats said:
There usually isn't too much trouble, I know the rummy's are alittle more timid than the blood fins but if you keep a large school or rummy's they will feel more secure and there should be any issues. I keep a school of 25 rummy's.

I'm thinking of doing 12 tummy and 12 blood fin

NexVobis said:
Ah ok, I've researched and everything seems fine, just looking to see if people experienced other wise like fin nipping. Thank you jmay33

You're welcome! Good luck with your new fish!

Back
Top Bottom