thai micro crab mating!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RevLine

Aquarium Advice Activist
caught them surprisingly out in the open a few days ago and i figured it wasn't a usual sight to see since they're hard to find in aquariums. haven't had a chance to upload until today. last few seconds in the video is a close-up of her with eggs! sorry for the quality though, i only have a camera phone.

Very cool! You'll have to separate the eggs and female so they don't get eaten, and once she lays the larvae put her back in the main tank if you want any survivors. Good luck!

Nils

oh noes they eat their babies? :[ i better go get a hang-on specimens container then ._.

i've read that raising micro crab babies was difficult. anyone with experience have any advice? what do they eat? how fast do they grow?

I actually have no idea, but I'm guessing they'll do it like crayfish. I would definitely get a breeder net, and try to save some babies.

Nils

Nils, thanks for all your advice so far! can anyone recommend food for filter feeders? would any of Kent's marine food like phyto/microvert be good for a freshwater aquarium?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Much appreciated! this is very good information. i'll keep monitoring their progress

Back
Top Bottom