The Next Step

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwitha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I'm a newbie to the forum! :hat:

Just a quick question. I currently have a 9G Biube tank with 3 neons, 1 red tailed shark, 2 mollies (and a baby molly in a net which will soon be moved). Firstly... is this over/under stocked - I was hoping to maybe get 1 more fish for the tank... if so, any suggestions? Its a well established (nearly 2 years!) and well maintained tank.

Also, I'm looking at getting another tank, maybe a 60L. What would the next step for me be...I was hoping to move over to some fish like Angels or Plecs.

Thanks for your help :)

Mark

Hi all, I'm a newbie to the forum! :hat:

Just a quick question. I currently have a 9G Biube tank with 3 neons, 1 red tailed shark, 2 mollies (and a baby molly in a net which will soon be moved). Firstly... is this over/under stocked - I was hoping to maybe get 1 more fish for the tank... if so, any suggestions? Its a well established (nearly 2 years!) and well maintained tank.

Also, I'm looking at getting another tank, maybe a 60L. What would the next step for me be...I was hoping to move over to some fish like Angels or Plecs.

Thanks for your help :)

Mark

Well first of all a 9G tank is kinda small for a redtailed shark, they'll get up to 6inches. Then a 60L tank (15 Gallon tank) Well be big enough for one angel but not anymore because my 20 gallon is too small for 2 full sized angels and you would have to get dwarf plecos if you wanted them because normal plecos get way BIG. So yeah ther you go. :DD

I hate to say it, but your shark will be too big for either tank, and you could or should look at trading it in.

I'd simply start looking in the LFSs and online for tanks.

What size tank would you say for the shark? I don't really want to have to get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom