the perfect freshwater shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonibelle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Worried that my shrimp might become snacks for my Blue Rams, I have started a 10 gallon tank. I would like to make it as perfect for these little fellows as I can.
I am thinking I will also need a couple of fish..maybe corys to keep things clean.

I set the tank up with black sand, driftwood from another tank, some rocks to make caves and a few small plants (African water fern and Java fern)...I have a heater, decent filter and light..so is there anything else?
Will the shrimp pH range over lap the cory's?

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Your shrimp will keep things clean--corys will add a higher bio load, and the shrimp are the ones that'll finish cleaning up what they miss of what you feed them. If you're looking to breed, you might look into some hornwort or java moss as well. If you're not looking to breed, a small school of nano fish (ember tetras, chili rasboras, Celestial Pearl Danios) will school in the water column where the shrimp don't tend to hang out, unlike the corys. (I love corys, not dissing them at all, but sounds like you're setting up around the shrimp, so that's where the suggestions come from :) ). Yes, the pH range will overlap.

Back
Top Bottom