The perfect planted tank water...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corrado33

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright, again I'm sick of having water difficulties. RO/DI has brought as many problems as it has solved... :puppydogeyes:

Anyway, let's say I wanted the perfect planted tank water, and I wanted to use products to get it that way. The RO/DI is obviously the best start. This is how I think I could do it using Seachem products.

Start with Equilibrium. It's perfectly suited to bring minerals back into RO/DI water specifically for a planted tank.

Then add alkaline and acid buffer to maintain a steady pH.

Then add Fluorish trace and Fluorish depending on how many plants I have?

Does that sound right? I know some of those products have overlapping ingredients. I know at least two of them have Boron I think. (Only one that sticks in my mind).

I just want my fish and plants do to well. I thought the RO/DI would solve my problems, but apparently I think my kH is all out of whack, and I don't have a buffering system anymore. I just want to be able to add a capful of this and that and have perfectly consistent water every week.

the problem is just like fish there is no such thing as perfect water... there some plants that does well in soft lower ph water and a few that do better in hard higher ph water but most would be fine in almost any water.

as for adding this or that it ends to be easier just to cut the water with tap water.

flourish trace is basically water down flourish its not needed at all. also its a lot cheaper just go get dry ferts and make your own liquid. $25 will cover all the ferts you need for a year or so where $25 wouldnt be able to cover the complete flourish line.

as for the fish its best to have a stable ph.... changing things all around can be stressful on them... personally i think if you havent.... make a thread.... post all your tank info.... lights temp size everything stocking any data you have on it the water make up everything.... any problem.... concerns... this way we can get a complete picture in whats going on. often it seems the questions that need to be answered to fix the problem isnt the ones asked. its hard and can be stressful but if we can figure out your goals for the tank and whats going on maybe we can help

Thanks mgamer. I'm not about to change things around all in one day... I was just thinking there needs to be a way for me to have a semi stable environment for my fish and plants. I know what you are saying that the question not asked is the one that generally needs to be answered. I guess I'll just go make a thread... lol

I know what you are saying that the question not asked is the one that generally needs to be answered.
yep exactly.... i have seen people ask 40-50 questions... this and that.... get them all answered.... still have problems... what they wanted to know on how to fix their problem they just didnt know enough to ask the right question or know how to ask it. not saying this is the case but when helping people i often try to figure out what the real underline problem is so we can get the root of it and get the solutions to get them going.

I love my R/O system. I do not add anything to my R/O waterbefore or after I put it in my planted aquariums. I use to add R/O right but found that with my water I was wasting my money. Like mgamer20o0 said the is no perfect water. Some plants do well in soft or hard water. I started out with the liquid fertilizer. Now I use the dry fertilizer and it's the best. I get my stuff from Greenleaf.com Get company to work with and they will walk you through all the steps. I use Co2 and t -5 lighting in my planted aquariums. Here are some pictures of my tanks. I started doing planted aquariums just a few years back. I have been keeping fresh water fish for over 35 years. A planted aquarium is the only way to go.

IMG_2475_1.JPG

IMG0001_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom