Theap Root Tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin.b

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if there's a cheaper solution to buying 10 root tabs for like 13 bucks. Is there any way I can make some myself? Or does anyone know where I can pick up some cheaper root tabs online? I've heard of using osmocote pellets and just freezing some of them in some water and then just burying them in the substrate. Will this be safe for my shrimp? Thanks is advance!!:)

Mine are gel caps filled with Osmocote Plus. Not sure the exact size of the gel caps. The Planted Tank forums have these for sale. I got mine as a RAOK. Free is about as cheap as they get :)

Coursair said:
Mine are gel caps filled with Osmocote Plus. Not sure the exact size of the gel caps. The Planted Tank forums have these for sale. I got mine as a RAOK. Free is about as cheap as they get :)

I'll go post a wanted on the planted tank then haha thanks for your help!:) do you know where you would pick up the gel capsules by any chance?

Joe5688 said:
What's roak?

A ROARK means random act of kindness. They have a lot of these on Theplantedtank.net they're basicly free raffles of miscellanious stuff-, shrimp, food, ferts stuff like that. All you have to pay for is shipping:)

Austin.b said:
I'll go post a wanted on the planted tank then haha thanks for your help!:) do you know where you would pick up the gel capsules by any chance?

You can try posting a WTB on here also.

nilocg is selling them on TPT. Very reasonable price. You could probably split an order with a friend.

I just searched Osmocote on TPT and found his sales thread.

Quoted from the sales post:
"Prices include first class shipping - add $3 for Priority

25 - $5
50 - $8
75 - $10
100 - $11
150 - $12
200 - $17
300 - $20"
They last somewhere in the area of 2-3 months. I space them out every 4-5 inches in a grid pattern.

This is just a rough estimate of how many you might need for your sized tank(replace every 2-3 months): This also depends on how heavily your tank is plants, the more plants=more capsules used. Again this is just a rough estimate. If anyone has any has better estimate please feel free to help.
20 G Long- ~10-20 caps
40 G - ~25-40
55 G - ~25-40
75 G - ~30-50
125 G - ~50-60

Back
Top Bottom