There's Always That One Person (Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big MaC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Ladies and Gents,
My name is Maccie, so I go by Mac, anyways, you now know who I am.

I am currently the proud owner of a 20gallon freshwater aquarium (that was given to me with fish) the story goes that for my friends high school graduation present, he was given a fish tank to bring to college. Time passed, he bought fish, he got a job and since he got a job that was out of state, he decided it was best to give away his fish and tank to his animal loving friend... good ole' Maccie.

Inside my newly acquired sparse tank is 1 tiger barb, 5 tetras with fins (not-neon but I am unsure of the name), 6 fancy guppies of varying coloration, 1 catfish (it looks as if it could be an albino corrie?), 2 dwarf guarmis, and 1 blood-red chilchilda as well as some various foliage. (Photos Attached)

Luckily taking on this fish thing isn't all that bad, well, at least, I have a very small experience with tank keeping. Along with the 20gallon, I have a 95gallon-wide aquarium filled with Land Hermit Crabs and 2 2.5gallon unstocked tanks, one with freshwater and one with salt water.

So, basically, is there anything other than the usual PH, ammonia, nitrates, and heat that I should be worried about with having such a large (and stocked) freshwater aquarium? Is the tank over-stocked (I read about overstocking online and am now concerned)?

also.. for my LHC (land hermit crab tank) in their little tanks I would like to find some sort of aquatic life for in those tanks. Also, I have a 10g and 29gt tanks as backups if something is needed.

(SOME PICS SHOULD BE ATTACHED)

Attachments

• IH7A9843 copy.jpg
    IH7A9843 copy.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IH7A9844 copy.jpg
    IH7A9844 copy.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IH7A9860 copy.jpg
    IH7A9860 copy.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IH7A9831 copy.jpg
    IH7A9831 copy.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 54
:welcome:
Welcome to AA!! We are glad to have you!​

This particular subforum is geared more towards just introductions of our members. You'll probably get a bit more traffic if you post your specific questions in the freshwater forums. Best of luck, and looks like you are off to a great start.

Back
Top Bottom