Three Spot Gourami price?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigbanker

Aquarium Advice Addict
Really starting to dislike my big boys. Though they tolerate each other very well I think they are terrorizing my neons.

What would be a good price for these guys ?? They are about five inches or so.

ForumRunner_20121126_195724.jpg

ForumRunner_20121126_195756.jpg

ForumRunner_20121126_195830.jpg

If you can and have a Lfs near you you can try to sell them to them for a store credit this would be your best bet. Other than that you might not get much for them.

They were free to me so I'm not really trying to make a profit. My lfs no longer does store credit

Then post to the classifieds here as free to a new home or a small adoption fee of like a 1 a fish because they normally sell for like 3 online. Or what ever you feel there worth

Finally got these guys out of tank! Had to do a partial tear down to net them. Oh well.

My neons are still cowering in a massive sword. How long do you guys think it will take them to come out

I would imagine it would not be too long. I would say a few days maximum. If they are still being shy, you can do a few things:
1) move the whole tank around
2) try adding a couple new neons to the mix

They should be out and about in no time I would think. Once they learn that the bully is gone, they usually go back to being comfortable. As a side note, I have found that sometimes a bully will often cause them to stick together. Do not be suprised if they stop schooling once the the threat is gone.

What did you end up doing with your Gourami? Sometimes you can take them back for trade? Maybe try a different store?

I would imagine it would not be too long. I would say a few days maximum. If they are still being shy, you can do a few things:
1) move the whole tank around
2) try adding a couple new neons to the mix

They should be out and about in no time I would think. Once they learn that the bully is gone, they usually go back to being comfortable. As a side note, I have found that sometimes a bully will often cause them to stick together. Do not be suprised if they stop schooling once the the threat is gone.

What did you end up doing with your Gourami? Sometimes you can take them back for trade? Maybe try a different store?

For today they are swimming around in the 29g. Someone with a 150 is coming for them tomorrow. My favorite store, tidelines, does not do store credit. The other store is almost certain death.

I've got some neons in qt. I suppose this would be the perfect time to take them out. I never see the ones already in there. While I've never seen the gouramis be mean to the neons I have no idea why they hide

There is another post out there right now about tetras and light. Check that out. If you turn the light off, or filter it down, do they come out? Tetras are typically a little less tolerant to bright lights.

Congrats on finding an owner for your gourami. Always good to find a good home.

I'll have to check that out... they only come out to feed. Even then for only a little while. They used to swim all around the tank but that changed in the past month or so.

I had to 'give' mine back to the LFS, that is 50 miles away. They were tearing up long skirted tetras, and my longfinned minor tetras. My tank is so peaceful now!! Good luck with neons. My tetras are finally coming around again!

Oh goodness! How big were yours?

I've got a variety if tetras in the tank but I was worried about the neons

Oh goodness! How big were yours?

I've got a variety if tetras in the tank but I was worried about the neons

Mine got big fast. Had them for about month, and when I gave them to the LFS they were just over 2 inches. One of my skirted black tetras is just now starting to grow out it's fins again. He was so beat up. Usually the smaller ones are small enough that they can swim fast enough that they can get away. I am staying with small tetras, Endlers, corys, and maybe (?) just one dwarf blue gourami. Have a 20 gal. planted tank with two retrite snail and soon, about 20 RDS. As long as your neons are not sick, they will come around. Hiding places for the neons are very good always! Good luck!

They were sold to a lady off of Craigslist for seven dollars each. They are going into a 150g. She is working on getting her tanks planted so I kicked in a variety of plants. About ten or so

Back
Top Bottom