Tide pool tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lukac123

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a new tide pool tank that’s been cycling and I’m wondering what to put in the part with no lid. I’m gonna our Mollies in the back part of it I’m just wondering about the front part. Thanks. Here’s a pic of the tank IMG_3279.jpg

Wow! I’ve never seen a tank like that before. It’s really cool! Are the back and front sections entirely separate? How many gallons is each part?
As long as you pick something that’s not at high risk for jumping or climbing out (bettas or mystery snails need lids for these reasons), you should be good. If you like invertebrates, it could be cool to keep a colony of neocaridina shrimp or perhaps one of the beautiful freshwater lobsters (as long as they stay separate from the mollies, who might snack on baby shrimp or be terrorized by the lobster). I’d still keep the water level low and keep an eye on them, though, since I’m sure a determined invertebrate could climb out.
If fish are what you’re looking for, as long as you don’t pick a particularly jumpy species and you don’t fill the water all the way to the rim, you should be fine.

The tanks are separated but the water flows through both tanks which eliminates any poisonous species. The one thing about an invertebrate is that the waterfall has a rock at the surface of the water so it might be a ticket for a lobster to climb out. Although the wall by the rock is pretty high. Here is a pic of that particular area IMG_3279.jpg

Ah, I see. A lobster probably could climb out. Perhaps stick to neocaridina shrimp then, like cherry shrimp? They come in other colors too, like Blue Dreams. They’re pretty, fun to watch, and usually breed well.

No problem! Make sure to post pictures when you get everyone settled in the tank, I’m sure it’s going to be phenomenal.

Hi, could you tell me what this aquarium is called and where you got it from? It looks really nice [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom