Tiger barb full of eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machotaco

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404152035.806312.jpg

Is my tiger barb full of eggs? And how do I sex my tigers? Should I move the two of them into a smaller tank by them self? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404157932.052180.jpg

This is how to tell if it's male or female and from what it looks like she does look to be carrying eggs. As for putting her in a different tank I wouldn't because in my experience with other fish the females tend to try to abort also something else that could go wrong you might take out the wrong pair thinking her mate was someone else that what it actually was

I Decided to move her leaving her in the tank would mean her eggs would get eaten anyways. I filled the tank up with tank water, added old media and added a live plant. Hope this works out. Adding the male to the tank on Sunday afternoon. The female is being fed freeze dried blood worms. The substrate is marbles. Do you think it will work?

The female was looking sad, so was the male, I put then together and the touched noses and then were calm and stayed together, will the spawn tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom