Tiger Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlazedSaint

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for good ideas on what i can put in a 29 gallon tank with a small school 3-6(havent decided yet) of tiger barbs and and a red tail shark, suggestions?

Most other semi aggressive fish would work well.. Maby rosy barbs

I think tiger barbs do better (less aggressive) the more of them in a school there are. So 8 would keep their aggression down. And red tailed sharks need really big tanks I think.

I think tiger barbs do better (less aggressive) the more of them in a school there are. So 8 would keep their aggression down. And red tailed sharks need really big tanks I think.

Ya the more schoolers the less aggressive have it a odd # tho they school better that way =] and the red tell I think it well do fine but there aggressive fish so ya lol

so if i did like 5 tiger barbs and 5 rosy barbs or 5 green green tiger barbs can i still use some kind of algae eatter if so please recommend one : ), ive ditched the idea of the red tail shark so is 5 tigers and 5 of the other and a algae eater to much for my 29 gallon modestly planted tank?

so if i did like 5 tiger barbs and 5 rosy barbs or 5 green green tiger barbs can i still use some kind of algae eatter if so please recommend one : ), ive ditched the idea of the red tail shark so is 5 tigers and 5 of the other and a algae eater to much for my 29 gallon modestly planted tank?

I wouldn't recommend a pleco. When I was a kid, I had about a dozen tiger barbs in my 29 gallon. I introduced a medium sized pleco. When I woke up in the morning, the only thing that was left of that pleco was the skull and spine. Tiger barbs ate him alive (all of him).

I wouldn't recommend a pleco. When I was a kid, I had about a dozen tiger barbs in my 29 gallon. I introduced a medium sized pleco. When I woke up in the morning, the only thing that was left of that pleco was the skull and spine. Tiger barbs ate him alive (all of him).

Lol Lol, its sad your fish got eaten however im sure that was quite a suprise to wake up to, and 10-4 on that i wont get a pleco, i understand they can dislodge any plants i may decide to plant in my tank anyway, i dunno i really like how tiger barbs look but they dont seem to get along with much so i think ive given up on the idea lol but thanks for all the input

Lol Lol, its sad your fish got eaten however im sure that was quite a suprise to wake up to, and 10-4 on that i wont get a pleco, i understand they can dislodge any plants i may decide to plant in my tank anyway, i dunno i really like how tiger barbs look but they dont seem to get along with much so i think ive given up on the idea lol but thanks for all the input

I know, right? I woke up that morning and was like, WTF guys?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back
Top Bottom