Tiger lotus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joselito76

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just want to share some pics of my Tiger lotus. I got it about 5 moths ago . Its start growing ,but the fish where digging it out all the time and killing the leaf.So i planted in a corner next to some rock and after 2 months this is how it look like.I hope it blossom

Attachments

• 2012-02-17 14.46.45 (800x600).jpg
    2012-02-17 14.46.45 (800x600).jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 2012-02-17 14.46.56 (800x600).jpg
    2012-02-17 14.46.56 (800x600).jpg
    160 KB · Views: 87
joselito76 said:
I just want to share some pics of my Tiger lotus. I got it about 5 moths ago . Its start growing ,but the fish where digging it out all the time and killing the leaf.So i planted in a corner next to some rock and after 2 months this is how it look like.I hope it blossom

Beautiful plant!

Give it a few months to really get a good root system and it will detatch from the bulb. You can replant the bulb and get another one going, as long as the bulb is still viable. If it's mushy, it's no good.

I'm re-propagating 3 bulbs for the 3rd time.

DragonFish71 said:
Give it a few months to really get a good root system and it will detatch from the bulb. You can replant the bulb and get another one going, as long as the bulb is still viable. If it's mushy, it's no good.

I'm re-propagating 3 bulbs for the 3rd time.

Ah is that how to do it! Mine grows runners and new plants. I just break them off when they get a few large leaves going. I have 8+ from 2 plants I got only 3-4 months ago :)

I found that out by accident. I had moved a plant and it came off the bulb so I replanted both. One day when looking at the bulb I noticed little tiny leaves then the light bulb in my brain clicked on (it happens every so often) and now I've got plants and bulbs going everywhere.

Though I haven't tried them in my 40 with CO2 yet, hmmmm.

Athaocity said:
Are these the bulbs you can get from packages at petco/petsmart,& Walmart?

Those are usually apotogen species although I have seen regular Lillys but never tiger lotous sold that way. I purchased my lotous online.

Discusapisto said:
Those are usually apotogen species although I have seen regular Lillys but never tiger lotous sold that way. I purchased my lotous online.

Ok thanks for pointing that out. Really wanted to know

Back
Top Bottom