Tiger Oscar white fringing on fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AgingYoungRebel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Gurus,
As far as I can tell the white fringing on my tiger oscars find is a natural coloration but wanted to verify this with other owners. It's had this for a few months.

He's in a 260ltr tank with a few tank mates. Know I'll need a dedicated tank as he grows larger. He's about 5/6 inches at the moment and hungry like the wolf.

Many thanks

Attachments

• image-3631503959.jpg
    image-3631503959.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 151
  • image-4234405326.jpg
    image-4234405326.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 119
Well I'm not sure what's on. His fins but would would get more replies if this is posted in the unhealthy fish section. Btw is that planarian on your tank glass? It's harmless but I did move all my stock out of my tank which had it and then took the whole tank down. It's quite hard to get rid of if it's really bad.

Samzter said:
Well I'm not sure what's on. His fins but would would get more replies if this is posted in the unhealthy fish section. Btw is that planarian on your tank glass? It's harmless but I did move all my stock out of my tank which had it and then took the whole tank down. It's quite hard to get rid of if it's really bad.

Those are air bubbles, Sam. And planaria are ridiculously easy to get rid of. Just feed less an do huge gravel vacs. :p

When a camera has a long "shutter" speed, things that move blur. Since the bubbles are small and white, they make lines.

To the OP: looks fine. Could you get a closer pic, maybe?

Chiroptera said:
Those are air bubbles, Sam. And planaria are ridiculously easy to get rid of. Just feed less an do huge gravel vacs. :p

When a camera has a long "shutter" speed, things that move blur. Since the bubbles are small and white, they make lines.

To the OP: looks fine. Could you get a closer pic, maybe?

I don't think were talking about the same thing. I'm on about the stuff in the first picture . It looks a lot like planarian. Anyway the Oscar looks fine in the pics.

Many thanks for all your help guys. Was semi-sure wasn't anything to worry about but wanted your guru opinions.

The white streaks across all the pictures isn't any kind of build up inside the glass, it is just motion blur from diffused bubbles.

Again many thanks.

AgingYoungRebel said:
Many thanks for all your help guys. Was semi-sure wasn't anything to worry about but wanted your guru opinions.

The white streaks across all the pictures isn't any kind of build up inside the glass, it is just motion blur from diffused bubbles.

Again many thanks.

Beautiful fish! I have a Red Oscar a little larger than yours, it seems as if mine is always hungry as a pack wolves!!

Back
Top Bottom