Tinfoil Barbs question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

navarrosarah

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 6 tinfoil barbs. I have had them about two months now. Everytime I come into the room, they go hide behind some rocks. When I stick my head in the room without them knowing, they are happily freely swimming around the tank. Is this normal? I really would like to be able to just sit and watch them sometimes.

Is the tank in a high traffic area? They'll get used to it over time. My large tinfoil is usually all over the tank and never hides, although he's too big to hide even if he wanted too

Give them time to realise you are the one who gives them food ?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes, the tank is in a high traffic area. They always stay in a very tight school together. Maybe even if just one is scared they all hide. Maybe when they get big they won't be able to hide anymore and they will have to come out to play. They sure don't have a problem coming out at feeding time though.

Avoid making fast movements near the tank. My orandas do eat from my hand. however sometimes when I make sudden movements they get scared.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom