Tiny Snail ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RachelG

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have some tiny whitish snails in my 5.5 gallon quarantine with my kuhli loach now. They are kinda sorta cone shaped, but not long and pointy like the Malaysian trumpet snails I've seen. But maybe they are baby Malaysian trumpet snails? They range from 1-3 millimeters long, are white on the largest end of the shell, and darker gray on the pointed end. The larger ones are slightly pointer, and the tiniest ones are rounder. I can't take a decent enough photo, but here is a simple drawing below showing their shape.

I'm hoping these are Malaysian trumpets. I've been looking for some for a while, but can't seem to find any except online! It would be perfect if these snails that I could not find just randomly came to me like this. :lol:

Attachments

• DSCF8874.jpg
    DSCF8874.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 96
My ponds look just like yours, I'm thinking there can be more than one shell pattern???

That's the best photo I can get.

Attachments

• DSCF8889.jpg
    DSCF8889.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 102
That could actually be an mts.. Very pointy.. Time will tell?? When they get bigger post a new pic??

Looks like a mts to me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I see some that have gotten a little bit bigger, and I'm mostly sure they are MTS. They have really spirally shells and are getting pointier as they grow! I really don't think they are pond snails, because I've never seen white pond snails before.

Back
Top Bottom