To much decor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobgob

Aquarium Advice Addict
Heard the other day that it is possible to have to much decor or "furniture" in an aquarium. Is this true and how much is to much? Is this good?

Attachments

• image-2450219412.jpg
    image-2450219412.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 131
Looks good, but u have to knkw that the more tank space u use up with un necessary decor, the less fish u can put in. For example if u have a 50 gallon tank with as much decor as u have, then u can not get as many fish

Looks good, but u have to knkw that the more tank space u use up with un necessary decor, the less fish u can put in. For example if u have a 50 gallon tank with as much decor as u have, then u can not get as many fish

i agree with that also i want to add a little bit to it remember fish need some space to swim freely in other words some open spaces to swim, ur tank looks good, wat size is it and whats ur stock list

Thank you i was gonna move the bubble waterfall back a little bit to open up the front space more. I left a space to put i another stack for the undergravel but i have no need for it. Also my male krib seems to hide a lot, I can be in the other room and see him fiddling around with the female and as soon as it sees me in the door he is gone. So fast to lol. I can even slowly creep up to! I think he hates me... Maybe he blames me for the loss of his babies... Idk.
The stocking is:
6 gold barbs
3 sterbai Cory
2 breeding kribs
1 bushy/ bristle nose pleco
1 Siamese algae eater

The tank is 35 gallon. It measures 36"x12"deep x20"high but that's black to the black so I say 19"... I use an aquaclear 30gallon, and an under-gravel filter using a Maxi-Jet 900 that's has a gph of 230.
The aquaclear gph is 150...I do a 25 to 35%pwc once a week. and ya, that's it I think. Could I put another female krib in there I have one in a 110 that is having a horrible time. The pair in the tank are just guarding their young, but the lonely one is getting ripped. But I also don't want to take the net to close to the fry and parents so they don't eat the fry from getting scared...

Back
Top Bottom