Too much light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaTony

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm using an ecobulb plus soft white 60w. It's says 13w but equalivent to 60w. I have a 20gal long with java fern and needle sag(not dwarf). Will this be too much light?

It's a 13w bulb for our purposes. The "equivalent" wattage is for comparison to incandescent, which we don't use anyways. Using only one of those bulbs in a 20g would probably give you low to low-medium in the part of the tank directly below it and very low in the periphery.

Needle Sagittaria is the same as dwarf sag.

aqua_chem is right. When people say watts per gallon, usually they mean fluorescent light be it T8, T5, T5HO, or most likely in your case, a lamp with a 13 watt bulb. You are technically at about .65 watts per gallon, which is very low, but if you place the java fern directly under your light, it should be fine.

I'm using an ecobulb plus soft white 60w. It's says 13w but equalivent to 60w. I have a 20gal long with java fern and needle sag(not dwarf). Will this be too much light?

Is this a spiral CFL? If it is, the way it Is mounted drastically changes the PAR.

aqua_chem is right. When people say watts per gallon, usually they mean fluorescent light be it T8, T5, T5HO, or most likely in your case, a lamp with a 13 watt bulb. You are technically at about .65 watts per gallon, which is very low, but if you place the java fern directly under your light, it should be fine.

Well that's ok, I also got a T8.

Back
Top Bottom