Top of tank looks so empty....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bowhunterking

Aquarium Advice Activist
I up graded to a 29 from my 10 and well the top looks so empty..

Here's my tank.

image-759914683.jpg

Real plants are hard for me to do seince I have to move my tank back and forth to school.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

You could do a background......i'm a fan of the black painted background...maybe with moving a stick on??....IMO that would help bring out color in the tank....you could add some Driftwood....something long maybe going from a bottom corner across to the opposite top corner

What's your current stock? Hatchet fish are great top dwelling fish

Edit
I see tiger barbs now, I suggest getting more decorations. Tigers are nippy little demons ;)

What's your current stock? Hatchet fish are great top dwelling fish

Edit
I see tiger barbs now, I suggest getting more decorations. Tigers are nippy little demons ;)

I have 6 tigers of various types, a ram, tiger botia, dojo loach, and a knight goby

You could do a background......i'm a fan of the black painted background...maybe with moving a stick on??....IMO that would help bring out color in the tank....you could add some Driftwood....something long maybe going from a bottom corner across to the opposite top corner

What Kind of back ground do you think would be best, a solid color or a natural looking one

Sounds good, I would still be wary of them with other fish

They get along pretty good with the other fish, I'm going to add one more to their school and see how it goes. I am also looking for 3 South American puffers to add to the tank.

They get along pretty good with the other fish, I'm going to add one more to their school and see how it goes. I am also looking for 3 South American puffers to add to the tank.

Alright, it's rare to that. I've heard where they attacked everything that moved. Puffers *really* don't need to be thrown into the mix. They always do best in there own separate tank. There big nippers to

No puffers with your stock I'm afraid :) pm terrance, he has lots of knowledge on puffers! They honestly should be a species only tank since they will fin-nip and all sorts. And even if they could fit in your tank, they certainly won't like moving to and from school, and possibly die

I had them befor with barbs and everything was fine, until my heater malfunctioned and over heated the tank over night. I've had experience with differnt kinds of puffers. South Americans have been fine in my community's.

What Kind of back ground do you think would be best, a solid color or a natural looking one

I have prefer solid color....but i have seen some really nice natural looks on some "expert" tanks ones that look too perfect to be real!

I would say if it interests you do some looking around for what pops out for you that way you know its right and a good fit.....
Personally I think with some of those colors black would make them pop really nice IMO

I had them befor with barbs and everything was fine, until my heater malfunctioned and over heated the tank over night. I've had experience with differnt kinds of puffers. South Americans have been fine in my community's.

They will seriously struggle to live when you move the tank o and from school. It's too risky I think. If you message terrance he will tell you why it may or may not be a good idea

Well I made a black background what you think

Very nice! What about a piece of drift wood or something, but try to stand it vertically instead of horizontally? I stood two pieces up leaning against each other to make a sort of tunnel. They look great and add some height to the decor.

Back
Top Bottom