Top off water, heated or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know that if I just grab a gallon of it and dump it in the tank all at once, it needs to be heated, BUT...

...what about when using an ATO that adds only a little at a time? Does the ATO reservoir still need to be heated, or can it be at room temp?

My ATO is at room temp also. Usually there is only a few degrees difference between my room temp and tank temp though.

I think it would make more temperature fluctuations for a ATO reservoir sitting in a cold room, and it hooked up with a tiny nano tank.

Use your best judgement, or trial and error prior to getting corals.

I keep a pitcher of RODI in the kitchen at room temp..... I usually add a cup or two daily to my 28. That little bit is going to blend in quickly, and won't make a big difference..... a drip ATO definitely won't need to be heated.

I add about 6-8 cups of ro water a day in a 36gallon tank. I just have a bucket of water sitting in the room. No heater.room temp about 72 tank temp 78-79. Never had any problems

Back
Top Bottom