Topfin Net Beeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
With my female barb being pregnant I want to buy a breeder cage so I don't have to set up another tank. The only pet store in my area that I am aware of is Petsmart and Petco. I was looking on Petsmart website and found this breeder but I am not sure if I should buy it. Some people said that it was really good others said it was terrible. What do you think? Is it worth buying or should I keep looking? This is the breeder that I am looking at: Fish Breeders: Breeding Tanks for Fish | PetSmart. Thank you.

I'm pretty sure barbs are egg layers, so you shouldn't need A breeder trap

I think your best option is to buy the marina one.that one is easiest to use until the fry are old enough to be added

I've used the net and hated it. It hooks on to the side (not easy with a cover). The parts to hang are flimsy. I found the hard plastic ones much easier to use.

You need to obtain and set up a spawning tank to spawn the barb and raise the young. Barbs are egg layers and if you seperate her how will the eggs get fertilized? I'd use a 10gal, water, heater, sponge filter and spawning mops.

OK thanks you all for your input. My dad had a 200 gal salt and I believe that we are going to the pet store where he bought most of his fish. I am going to ask the owner what he/she thinks I should do.

Good idea and look up how to breed that type of barb on the net, the information is out there for you to use.

Back
Top Bottom